aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Discussion from "EC changes"  (Read 35638 times)

lfroen

Discussion from "EC changes"
« on: February 09, 2010, 07:53:57 PM »

The idea is to reduce EC traffic.
Which (traffic) is not an issue anyway? Did you measured it first? Do you aware that latency, not bandwidth is a problem?

I hate when people break "if it's not broken, don't fix it" rule.

Stu Redman

• Administrator
  • Engines screaming
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 10:06:43 PM »

That's not a rule. It's just a stupid and ignorant saying.

Bandwidth may not be a problem in a lan, but might very well be for a remote remote connection. And sending the same data over and over again is just wasteful.
About latency: I usually start up aMule disconnected, connect rgui, then connect to Kad and watch the red stripes going blue. Often enough they go blue on the rgui before aMule, so latency is not a big problem.
Right now rgui asks different information round-robin. If I can compress it enough I can probably just request everything together which will reduce latency.
The image of mother goddess, lying dormant in the eyes of the dead, the sheaf of the corn is broken, end the harvest, throw the dead on the pyre -- Iron Maiden, Isle of Avalon

lfroen

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 07:59:17 PM »

That's not a rule. It's just a stupid and ignorant saying.
Ah, right. Now I get it.

Bandwidth may not be a problem in a lan, but might very well be for a remote remote connection.
What do you mean "might"? Did you measured actual bandwidth or you prefer to make things up?

If I can compress it enough I can probably just request everything together which will reduce latency.
"compress it enough" should be reducing latency? Really? I must have the stuff you're smoking.

Kry

• Ex-developer
  • Retired admin
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 03:17:13 AM »

I'LL FUCKING CUT YOU, BITCHES. FUCKING STOP THIS SHIT NOW.

Kry

• Ex-developer
  • Retired admin
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 11:08:58 AM »

What I'm trying to say is, if it isn't broken, don't fix it, but feel free to improve it. Good luck Stu. lfroen, shut the fuck up about anything anyone does, unless you're planning on doing anything yourself. About anything.

I realize how hypocritical that is coming from me, but at least I don't go around whine and whine about what other people work on.

lfroen

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 08:19:04 PM »

Good luck Stu
Good luck indeed.

shut the fuck up about anything anyone does
You see, on my day job, (where real stuff is involved), should I say "let's improve performance of XYZ by doing ABC", I will be immediately asked: "why do you think XYZ have a performance problem?"; "why do you think ABC will actually improve things? By factor of what?". And so on.

My point is, if someone can't state ones idea in english, he/she have no chance to state it in (any) programming language.

Stu Redman

• Administrator
  • Engines screaming
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2010, 09:25:46 PM »

Part of it is in my last post, if you bothered to read it.
The image of mother goddess, lying dormant in the eyes of the dead, the sheaf of the corn is broken, end the harvest, throw the dead on the pyre -- Iron Maiden, Isle of Avalon

Kry

• Ex-developer
  • Retired admin
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2010, 10:13:05 PM »

It would probably help if you asked things politely and nicely instead of being a self-centered pretentious sanctimonious know-it-all asshole, lfroen.

lfroen

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 06:50:17 AM »

Part of it is in my last post, if you bothered to read it.
Single number wasn't there.

It would probably help if you asked things politely and nicely instead of being a self-centered pretentious sanctimonious know-it-all asshole, lfroen.
What I like about exact sciences, is that "right-wrong" doesn't depend on whether you "sanctimonious know-it-all asshole" or Saint Patrick.

Kry

• Ex-developer
  • Retired admin
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 06:04:27 PM »

What I like about exact sciences, is that "right-wrong" doesn't depend on whether you "sanctimonious know-it-all asshole" or Saint Patrick.

People are not a exact science. You're dealing with people here. I can fix that for you, if you want, and restrict you to the internal forum section. That way, you all can yell at each other all youw ant and no more than 6 people will be there to share the popcorn. But while you're talking in public, by god you will behave.

lfroen

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 08:31:00 PM »

Whoever using this kind of arguments is not going to teach me manners. Never had, never will.

You're dealing with people here
But while you're talking in public, by god you will behave
Growing up isn't easy, ah? And filter out "fuck" and "bitch" is even harder, I guess.

That way, you all can yell at each other all youw ant and no more than 6 people will be there to share the popcorn
I'm overwhelmed with confusion. Are you kind embarrassed by what I (or we?) say to each other. You're not my dad/teacher/boss. Same advise as above - grow up.

wuischke

• Developer
Re: Discussion from "EC changes"
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2010, 11:43:10 PM »

Moved discussion to off-topic.

Kry

• Ex-developer
  • Retired admin
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2010, 03:43:55 AM »

Whoever using this kind of arguments is not going to teach me manners. Never had, never will.

You're right. Good thing that's not an argument - it's a warning, made in jest, followed with a post with a more serious explanation.

You're dealing with people here
But while you're talking in public, by god you will behave
Growing up isn't easy, ah? And filter out "fuck" and "bitch" is even harder, I guess.

I have no fucking intention to filter anything, bitch. And I'm perfectly grown up (if only a bit on the short side of the scale), something I keep doubting more of you every time you start some petty argument with a user or a team member for the sake of it. You don't give a flying fuck about latency or bandwidth in EC, you don't give a flying fuck about what Stu is doing, you just want to complain about it and question it trying to look like you're smart, and as usual just looking like a smartass. You don't even know what he's doing - but your first post was complaining about  how he has no idea what the real problem is, and how about "if it's not broken don't fix it" which doesn't even apply to this situation. Your attitude is just appalling.

That way, you all can yell at each other all youw ant and no more than 6 people will be there to share the popcorn
I'm overwhelmed with confusion. Are you kind embarrassed by what I (or we?) say to each other. You're not my dad/teacher/boss. Same advise as above - grow up.

Same response about growing up as above. As for the rest, I am not your dad, teacher, or boss. But I'm a co-admin here with Gonosz, and as such, yes, I can tell you what acceptable behaviour is towards users and other team members. And warn you to tone down your behaviour, or be confined to the admin section of the forum, where you were already told several times you're going to end being. What's the difference with posting here? That people there can tell you to go fuck yourself instead of trying to reason with you (moot point, as you don't want to be reasoned with, you just want to read yourself and congratulate yourself about how clever you think you sound) for the sake of public exposure.

Let me make this clear: This is your second strike about how you treat other people here. Third strike is going to be unpleasant for everyone involved.

Extra:
My point is, if someone can't state ones idea in english, he/she have no chance to state it in (any) programming language.

I'm going to assume you can't write code for shit, because your English is atrocious and barely comprehensible sometimes.

Sigh. I could say so much more about this, but given that you're just a brick-headed childish know-it-all you won't even understand what's going on here. And everyone else already understands and doesn't need an explanation form me. It's totally worthless to even try to show you why people think that of you.

lfroen

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2010, 01:14:20 PM »

I have no fucking intention to filter anything, bitch
Yea, I see. Usually excessive usage of "fuck" and "bitch" is clear indicator of "I'm a stupid bully, wanna fight?" attitude.

And I'm perfectly grown up (if only a bit on the short side of the scale)
Well, well. You got to look term "maturity" in the dictionary. You do know what the "dictionary" thing is, right?

You don't give a flying fuck about latency or bandwidth in EC, you don't give a flying fuck about what Stu is doing
<shrugs>When I don't care (see, it's possible to talk without "fuck"), I just, well, don't respond. Life is too short to respond to every stupid thing I see on internet forum. In this very case, I do care, and I think Stu is wrong.

trying to look like you're smart
The problem is that I am smart. I'm paid to do really complicated stuff, and no, writing trivial RPC stack (EC) is not one of them.

ou don't even know what he's doing - but your first post was complaining about  how he has no idea what the real problem is
Yep, that's right, he has no idea. Does that bothering you? Do you feel inferior when told "don't do it, you have no idea"? Life sucks, and sometimes, as it turns out, you meet people smarter than you. Don't feel bad about it. Grow up and deal with it.

I can tell you what acceptable behaviour is towards users and other team members
<smiling> You still don't get it, do you? Possession of password to amule.org don't give you any rights to treat me like your little sister.

Let me make this clear: This is your second strike about <...>
Let me make this clear: you're not my significant other. I have a life with or without participation in <pick a random open-source project>. Rest is not worth time to type a response.

I'm going to assume you can't write code for shit,
Mmmm-OK. <scratches head>

Sigh. I could say so much more about this
Don't. Really just don't. You just look stupid.

And everyone else already understands and doesn't need an explanation form me
So why don't you save your explanation for yourself, than? And let people to express their attitude without your help?
It's totally worthless to even try to
Oh, please, save your precious time for more worthy goals.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 01:24:00 PM by lfroen »

Kry

• Ex-developer
  • Retired admin
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2010, 01:26:07 PM »

You're a sad, sad individual, and I'm done talking to you about this. I said all I had to say, and will act the way I have to act next time this happens.
Pages: [1] 2 3