aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Author Topic: Low ID problem (ports forwarded correctly).  (Read 6986 times)

sectroyer

Low ID problem (ports forwarded correctly).
« on: June 01, 2010, 05:24:19 PM »

Hi.
I have forwarded range of ports to my mac and the only application that has problem with it is aMule :( I even tried running eMule using wine and on the same ports (5666 TCP and UDP) i get high ID both on ED2K and Kad. aMule usually doesn't detect any of these ports open. Sometimes I get high ID on ED2K or Kad but never on both and it really happens very rarely :( When I use eMule I get high ID on both almost everytime :( Moreover even port test page detects that port is open :(

xja

• Approved Newbie
Re: Low ID problem (ports forwarded correctly).
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 06:50:04 PM »

You may think about deleting aMule's preferences file, since it's not a network problem.
If you're on Snow Leopard, you should also try deleting in Firewall and set aMule back again for accepting incoming connections.

Bye

sectroyer

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 10:05:58 PM »

Deleting all aMule preferences (it even complained that I run it for the first time :)) didn't help at all. I am using Snow Leopard but I have disabled it's built in firewall. Any other suggestions?

xja

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 01:31:34 PM »

It's normal that, after deleting preferences, it thinks it's running for the first time.
Did you tried with firewall enabled?
You may try repairing permissions with disc utility, and also resetting PRAM (cmd+opt+p+r right after you hit the power button).
Let us know...

Bye.

sectroyer

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 06:36:50 PM »

Do I really have to test such "invasive methods" if the only program that I have problems with is aMule. I have tested eMule, Morph, mlDonkey and easilly get High ID on any of them. (eanbling firewall didn't change a thing, I still had High ID (or NAT OK in case of torrent) except aMule) It really looks like it's a problem with aMule itself and not my machine, settings and stuff like that. I have tried many versions of aMule and all are problematic. Nevertheless the biggest problem I have with 2.2.6.

xja

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 06:50:05 PM »

You may also try deleting the aMule folder in ~/Library/Application Support
Beware: it contains your part files, so you may wish to save those part files and import them when done.
I don't know what else you can try...

Bye.