aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Translations for aMule 2.2.0  (Read 58101 times)

gaglia

Re: Translations for aMule 2.2.0
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2007, 11:53:00 AM »

The fact is that windows users have a lot of clients. Linux and other have amule. So priority should be the *nix platforms..)

Agree. Especially priority on the non-GUI version & relative tools (amule-daemon, amuleweb, amulecmd) which are something unique in their genre.

ruudboek

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2007, 10:04:34 PM »

(however In case amule is ready on all other platforms except windows, I think it's a good idea to release something like a candidate with the warning that it is broken on windows..  The fact is that windows users have a lot of clients. Linux and other have amule. So priority should be the *nix platforms..)

I disagree, for the win32 platform there is also only one client-server emule client and that is amule.
Besides that, since 94% of all desktop os is win32, chances are that in absolute numbers people using amulegui for win32 could very well far outnumber the amount of desktop os based on the *nix platform, so in absolute numbers much more people would benefit if the win32 platform would get higher priority.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 10:09:21 PM by ruudboek »

moularaki

« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2007, 12:02:00 AM »

The client-server hmm?  well...  you've convinced me.

I'll just have to wait.  It's ready when it's ready, hum....

franz1789

• Franz's blog
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2007, 02:31:46 PM »

Disagree. Why don't you make a research on how many win users use aMule? It could be even the only server-client *mule client, but eMule mods are too much, few people would think to use aMule. The priority are Unix, GNU/Linux and Mac, because aMule is the only Kad+eDonkey2000 client (except MLDonkey, which I do not love so much)

Nil Einne

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2007, 11:01:43 AM »

Disagree. Why don't you make a research on how many win users use aMule? It could be even the only server-client *mule client, but eMule mods are too much, few people would think to use aMule. The priority are Unix, GNU/Linux and Mac, because aMule is the only Kad+eDonkey2000 client (except MLDonkey, which I do not love so much)

Why don't you do the research? In the end, you claim not many Windows users us aMule other people say it's not true. It goes no where...

Remember that Windows is a very dominant OS so even if only a small percentage of Windows users use aMule it might still be a big proportion of aMule users. Besides that, don't forget it's likely quite a few *nix users use Windows aMule too, either the command line client or the GUI client to access their *nix server. That's what I do.

raditzman

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2008, 04:25:35 AM »

Just to let you know I'm finishing the pt_PT translation. When I'm finished I'll post in the appropriate forum.

Best regards.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]