aMule Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're back! (IN POG FORM)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Amulegui is failing to connect properly to amuled after a few hours  (Read 26720 times)

wild_oscar

• Approved Newbie

I have SVN 20080423, running amuled on a remote pc and connecting through amulegui.

After a few hours of connection in amuled, amulegui is having this behaviour:

- It connects to amuled and window is displayed. However, everything is blank except the server list and shared files list. Uploads/downloads don't show, current U/L speed and connection status is not showing.
Search does not work either.

If I delete the .aMule directory in the amuled computer and copy these backed up files

# clients.met, stores the other clients credits. When you download some from a client, you'll store in this file how much you have got, so you can promote that client when it will be in your upload queue.
# server.met and staticservers.dat, it contains the saved eMule servers.
# ipfilter.dat and ipfilter_static.dat, which contain the IP denied to connect/share files with you.
# emfriends.met, it contains the friends list.
# addresses.dat contains a list of URLs from where aMule will download server.met files to merge with its current server.met file.
# cryptkey.dat and preferences.dat, they uniquely identify you to other clients, so you can keep credits to their side.
# key_index.dat, load_index.dat, nodes.dat, preferencesKad.dat and src_index.dat are Kademlia files.

(from wiki), it will connect without a problem and start hashing the files.

In logfile everything seems to be ok:

2008-04-28 11:05:01: ExternalConn.cpp(307): Access granted.
2008-04-28 11:05:16: ExternalConn.cpp(117): External connection closed.
2008-04-28 11:07:55: ExternalConn.cpp(218): New external connection accepted
2008-04-28 11:07:55: ExternalConn.cpp(252): Connecting client: amule-remote 0x0001
2008-04-28 11:07:55: ExternalConn.cpp(307): Access granted.
2008-04-28 11:11:36: ExternalConn.cpp(117): External connection closed.
2008-04-28 11:12:13: ExternalConn.cpp(218): New external connection accepted
2008-04-28 11:12:13: ExternalConn.cpp(252): Connecting client: amule-remote 0x0001
2008-04-28 11:12:13: ExternalConn.cpp(307): Access granted.
2008-04-28 11:12:19: ExternalConn.cpp(117): External connection closed.

And amulecmd can connect without any issue.

By the way, amuled is currently running with gdb, as it was crashing randomly.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 01:04:29 PM by wild_oscar »

wild_oscar

• Approved Newbie
Re: Amulegui is failing to connect properly to amuled after a few hours
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 01:17:25 PM »

On an update to the problem.

1) Amulegui not connecting ok

2) Backup and remove .aMule/*

3) run amuled. It will complain about remoteconnections and not start, but create .aMule directory

4) Copy the following files from the backup:
Code: [Select]
clients.met
server.met
addresses.dat
cryptkey.dat and preferences.dat
key_index.dat, load_index.dat, nodes.dat, preferencesKad.dat and src_index.dat

Amulegui starts without a problem.

5) Copy
Code: [Select]
known.met
known2_64.met

Amulegui will not work correctly.

6) Remove known.met

Amulegui will work correctly again and logfile will show it's creating hashes for the files.

7) After a few hours, amulegui will stop working again

(by the way, why is the file known2_64.met instead of known2.met?)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 06:41:53 PM by wild_oscar »

wild_oscar

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 01:04:30 PM »

Issue persists. Amulecmd and amuleweb work correctly, but amulegui's connection is highly irregular, working correctly only once every 10 times...

Stu Redman

• Administrator
  • Engines screaming
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 10:24:00 PM »

Well, it did work, and rather well. Right now it's quite broken however.  I don't see a single download anymore. :(
The image of mother goddess, lying dormant in the eyes of the dead, the sheaf of the corn is broken, end the harvest, throw the dead on the pyre -- Iron Maiden, Isle of Avalon

wild_oscar

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 02:16:34 AM »

Well, it did work, and rather well. Right now it's quite broken however.  I don't see a single download anymore. :(

Same here.

Have you checked http://bugs.amule.org/view.php?id=1146 to "request" a bug fix?

It seems that if I remove known.met amulegui will work fine for a while (until that file is rebuilt, apparently). Can you test if this happens with you as well?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 02:52:13 AM by wild_oscar »

Stu Redman

• Administrator
  • Engines screaming

On which machine ? The machine running the daemon/monolith or the machine running the remote-gui ?
The image of mother goddess, lying dormant in the eyes of the dead, the sheaf of the corn is broken, end the harvest, throw the dead on the pyre -- Iron Maiden, Isle of Avalon

wild_oscar

• Approved Newbie

On which machine ? The machine running the daemon/monolith or the machine running the remote-gui ?

The one running the daemon.

Stu Redman

• Administrator
  • Engines screaming

I've played around a bit with it and found:
- The remote gui protocol is very sensitive to dropped packets. If packets are lost, the whole connection goes out of sync and displays nothing useful anymore permanently (until you restart the remotegui).
- Remote packets are affected by the upload bandwidth throttler. That's why deleting known.met helps. It breaks your upload for a while, because aMule has to rehash all shared files. And during this time, the remotegui works better because there is more UL bandwidth available.
- Even with UL bandwidth = 0 (unlimited) it works sometimes, sometimes not (though better than with limit).
- with lots of files it works worse than with few, because more data has tobe transferred.

Looks like the protocol needs some rework...

wild_oscar

• Approved Newbie

I've played around a bit with it and found:
- The remote gui protocol is very sensitive to dropped packets. If packets are lost, the whole connection goes out of sync and displays nothing useful anymore permanently (until you restart the remotegui).
- Remote packets are affected by the upload bandwidth throttler. That's why deleting known.met helps. It breaks your upload for a while, because aMule has to rehash all shared files. And during this time, the remotegui works better because there is more UL bandwidth available.
- Even with UL bandwidth = 0 (unlimited) it works sometimes, sometimes not (though better than with limit).
- with lots of files it works worse than with few, because more data has tobe transferred.

Bare in mind that, in my case, it does not display anything useful anymore permanently, even if  I restart remotegui. After a few hours, no matter how many times I start amulegui, I will never get a working gui, it will never display anything. Only deleting known.met will make info like upload and download list, U/L speeds, search and info on the connection status (green arrows of kad and server) show again.

Stu Redman

• Administrator
  • Engines screaming

Please set your upload speed to 1 k/s and see if my theory is correct and remotegui works better then.

RRT4

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2008, 11:54:13 PM »

my connection issue amulegui+amuled concerns only the cpu power where amuled run

511 shared files, upload queue set to 10.000 clients, upload bandwidth set to 25Kbyte/s on 32Kbyte/s available

athlon xp2400+@500MHz (downclock): amulegui connects once in ten the first minutes (when the queue is short but upload is already at maximum speed), after sometime it does not connect anymore (queue becomes long and cpu utilization increases a bit)
it never connects also if the hashing is taking place or if the cpu system is used by some other application (i.e. amuled svn compilation)

athlonxp2400+@1GHz(downclock): amulegui connects to amuled 9 times on ten, connects also after sometime and during hashing, it does not connect if the cpu is used by some other application

i think that if i remove downclock (athlonxp2400+@2GHz) i will never experiment connection problems

how can there be more UL bandwidth available if you just need to rehash 2/3 files (few seconds) for starting to upload again at maximum speed?

wild_oscar

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2008, 05:18:49 PM »

Please set your upload speed to 1 k/s and see if my theory is correct and remotegui works better then.

Following your suggestion, I tried that. I removed the known.met, changed UL speed to 1k and restarted amuled.

About 4-5 hours later, I can connect with amulegui but can't see the U/D queue already (although info on the servers is still present), nor can I perform searches, so I don't know if your suspicion is completely accurate...

wild_oscar

• Approved Newbie
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2008, 12:46:10 PM »

In addition, why has this only been an issue with the latest SVN? With the Febuary versions (and 2.1.3) I didn't have these issues...

GonoszTopi

• The current man in charge of most things.
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2008, 01:05:59 PM »

Yes, it does. And aMuleGUI needs a lot of work too.
concordia cum veritate

lfroen

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2008, 04:32:14 PM »

Yes, it does.

No, it does not. Yet another EC re-write?!

Regarding "remote GUI over slow connection": this is plain tcp. It works bad over crappy connection, no news here.  For GUI to work properly, you need timely updates. This doesn't compute.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4